A Short Talk With Her

A SHORT TALK WITH HER
(Click here: Plot Analysis of the story @YouTube)

I just came out of the washroom. Time 23.51 PM. Rarely a soul was seen on the floor. I even wondered if the CCTV cameras were closed, or they were still on. No interest in going down and taking a look, if guards are having a peek at me walking or not! Reached the glass door, the exit symbol was on it. I had walked from C 211, to see if anyone stays up till this late here or not. I looked out of the glass panes, on the second floor. Saw two girls walking out of the main gate. But nobody else. I thought that I was alone, and I heard a door closing. It seems someone entered the girls' washroom. I had watched three movies today. No idea why? 
I keep promising - I would complete this today, I would go out to someplace evening, I would think on a certain problem, but no! I end up watching some random flicks. Maybe it served a way to escape reality and enter the world of imagination, where every random thing seems and much better, becomes possible! 
I had too many close friends. I felt I needed a girlfriend. There is nothing special going on in my life, in the sense you would better understand. So watching movies, served a way to escape them. Huh? Seems reasonable! And I saw a guy entering the Bulk Measurements Lab. Walking back to the desk, those tiles seem to have been laid recently, and there was a repair too on the sidewall. No worries! Going back to my desk, let me see - how much can I not obey my mother's advice to sleep at eleven.

Opened the door, took the seat. Opened the laptop. Heard a knock?! What? A knock, for serious. In the heavy daylight, no one comes to C 211, but in this tube light scenario, I heard a knock. Wow! That came out of nowhere. What was more surprising, someone entered and in all senses, I can say, "she" was there. I mean a girl. Yeah, a mistake maybe. She was supposed to enter C 212 but mistook C 211. But I remembered, there was only one lady name outside C 212, and that was Aparna. So I straight asked - Aparna? She didn't reply. 
"Excuse me, are you Aparna? This is C 211, you have that adjacent room, C 212" 
"I require one help, could you please?" 
"Yeah, sure". I replied as if I had no work. 
"But, identity?" again asked I. Never know what might be helping an unknown person these days might end up to! 
"Sakshi, age 19, resident of..." 
"That's it I just asked implicitly name" and she smiled. Never imagined finding someone nineteen here! Well, I may find another close friend here, who knows. She asked to follow her downstairs, we took the lift. 
"What is it, that I am intended to help you for?" a question came out of curiosity.
"See, I actually realized that I had no one to gossip, and kind of getting bored down. So, I asked. That's it" Well that was kind of resonant feelings, and mainly they lead to best of friends. 
"Ok, shall I introduce myself...or you chit chat with anyone?" 
"Anyone" 
"You mean random strangers?" 
"Yup, like you!" I was a bit more surprised, well she might turn out to be in the friend category.
We reached the ground floor. Saw the guard was up there, and she asked to go back to C 211. 
Well, that was kind of messy, come down, go up. Whatever, I wanted to talk! 
"Red one, or the peach one?" 
"You were sitting in the red one, so I would go with the peach one" 
So we were sitting on rotating chairs, looking at each other. 
"Man, this life sucks really. I don't know why, but I am unable to decide, what I should do?" 
"Well, that seems interesting! Everyone's in the same boat. Can't realize until you achieve the biggest breakthrough of your life" said I, as if I had the biggest breakthrough.
"The people, they have a lot of expectations from us, right? That's what caused us the problem." "Yeah, you seem correct! We are unable to decide which way to proceed! Some say to learn this and you are going to do something great, some say to do that. But the moment when you do something and become famous, they say, yeah what he did was the best" 
"And what's interesting, is that they start advising the same thing" she added and that was enough for me to have respect for her. 
"You seem to just complete that thought, that I had!' exclaimed I. 
"It really seems, we are indeed on the same boat. Well, I am truly sorry, but you have something to do tonight, as it seems. I would take leave then"
I looked at the laptop, it was out. "I wanted to sort of complete!" said I, and she was not in the C 211 anymore. 
At least, I should have asked her desk.  I stood up, opened the door, and peeped. She was not there. A smile came out, and I mumbled: "Indeed, we were on the same boat". Time 00.29 AM, Date eighteenth.

Siba Smarak Panigrahi

Comments

  1. Did you have any follow up conversations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, and in fact this plot is not literal exactly, when I had written this piece. But to answer your question, in literal sense - no, and in my context, what I had thought - yes.

      Delete

Post a Comment