Manukae Forest

Manukae Forest
(Read the story first - then the YouTube Plot Analysis - Click here)

There was a guy running out of the airport. He was sweating heavily. It was as if, someone was chasing him for his life. Apparently, no one was behind him. There were few construction workers standing, but nobody looked like a threat. He rushed outside the exit door and took a deep breath, after walking a few steps away from the guard. Most people were surprised by his behavior, but no one cared.
 
I was a renowned psychologist. I couldn't control myself. I have seen erratic behavior but unlike today. I felt it was my job to talk to him and console. My flight was delayed by a couple of hours and it was suspected that there are chances that it would be delayed further. So I started walking towards the gate but saw the same guy walking in again. I observed him from close. I could sense fear on his mind. He was around thirty, a good-looking guy. He was not married, I suppose. He stood near the guard for around five minutes and started sweating again. He pushed the guard and ran at top speed.  

I started following him. There was the Manukae Forest near the airport. The forest was merely a ten minutes walk from the airport. He was going in that direction. It was around ten in the morning. Rumors speak, there are ferocious wild animals in the Forest and one should not dare to cross the river flowing in the middle, after evening hours. Every time a person has crossed that cursed river, the next day there would be a missing report. A search-rescue mission would be activated, to ultimately end with the cops finding the body, drenched with blood. There would be claw marks all over the body. It would be clear that they were used for dinner by beasts of the Forest.

dark green forest painting - Google Search | Dark forest, Fantasy ...

I saw him slowing down as he entered the forest. He crawled to the shade of a large tree. We both have entered the Forest. I felt a bit tired too. 
"I used to be cool, man! What happened to me?" I said looking at my belly.

Help me, they would kill me in a couple of days 
I heard my wife speaking through the special frequency, that we use for our personal communication. But the other end was from a different frequency, not the usual one which she uses. There was some serious trouble. 
"Who are they? Where are you now? You have to speak, give me a small hint"
I cried over the radio.
"Listen man, we are giving you a bright chance to get to your wife. Come tomorrow to Dreworth, we would receive you at airport. You have to do a simple job, related to your profession and we will release her unharmed" That was a harsh voice. I had never an enemy. I could hear her crying in the back. She must have been forced to transmit this message in our secret radio talks. Oh dear God! 

I saw the watch, I have to return back to the airport in an hour to catch the flight. I stood up, removed the grass, and leaves that have stuck to my pants. I started walking towards him. He saw me. He stood up and shouted "What? You followed me?" And started running away. 

"Hey I am here to help, just wait and talk to me for a minute!" I shouted back at the top of my voice. He might have mistaken me for someone from that distance. He suddenly went behind the bushes and everything became silent. I wondered, if I should peep and return, or just return. I wanted to respect my legs for carrying me this distance, so I tried to peep. I was holding a stick in my hand, even if there would be any danger. I would simply smash, and run away.

I slowly peeped through the dense bush and saw that there was a small tent. The guy was inside the tent. I walked slowly near the tent and lifted the entrance with the stick that I was holding. A fist came straight to my nose, and I fell down. The punch was powerful and painful. With my eyes closed, nose bleeding, I fiercely moved the stick in the air. But all in vain, another tight punch, and the stick slipped my right hand. I opened my eyes to see, that very same guy, grinning, and pushing me through a hole, in the middle of the tent. Before I could guess what was happening, I was already pushed down, on my way to crash on some rock bottom. 
Concussion. I saw a cave-like place. I rubbed my head with my hand and looked around. I saw a radio, a torch, and damn, the place smelled foul. 

I took this one in a dimly lit cave, blew away my gf's pricey ...

"Where the heck am I?" I murmured.
"Welcome to Dreworth" I heard a familiar voice.
"No my flight to Dreworth has not arrived, leave me please, I have to save...". I couldn't speak anymore. There was my wife in front of my eyes. Mouth and hands tied, there was blood oozing out of various places. I saw a guy, with the most disgusting looking face, holding an axe. He swung the axe and she was dead.
"No!" I shouted.
I heard a small movement behind me. Ah! I understood who they are. I have never seen them before though. They lived in Manukae Forest, I never guessed that. I saw the same guy I followed, was standing behind me. His hands were in the air and had another axe. 

Siba Smarak Panigrahi


Comments

  1. A great warm up session to start the morning! So much of happening, then plot twist. Enjoyed it brother!❤️✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have thought of writing a few stories, which have some sort of relation with "forests"! Stay tuned!

      Delete
  2. Woah, glad to know that! For sure man.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment